Step I - Choose a category
Mark your calendar and join hundreds of cyclists on May 30th 2015 to take on this amazing challenge!
It is already time to plan your cycling season. Mark your calendars and reserve the Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant as your first Gran Fondo of the summer!
Roam the wonderful landscapes of the Laurentians and crown your experience in the festive environment at the Place des Voyageurs come May 30th.
The choice of four timed routes of 160 km,125 km, 80 km or 45 km are available to you. Take on this experience at your own pace, according to your skill level. Categories based on average speed are available on each course to ensure a safe ride along many cyclists of the same caliber.
Your registration includes:
• Your participation to the 160 km, 125 km, 80 km or 45 km challenge in a
|secure environment within the event's structure and organisation|
• Refreshments on the course
• A technical cycling clothing item valued at 90$
• Access to the participants' reception/cocktail on the Friday night
• Participants' lunch on site at the Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant finish
• Access to preferential accommodation rates
|• Road cycling in a secure environment with police escort and partially closed roads|
|• Timing chip|
|• Mechanical assistance - mobile teams|
|• First Aid - mobile teams|
|• 'Broom Wagon' - support to participants and transportation to the finish for|
|those who cannot finish the course|
|• Secure bicycle parking at the finish area|
|• Sanitary Services on the course|
All participants will be provided with a timing chip to track the overall individual time of each rider within his or her group.
Intermediate times will offer a friendly ranking to those who are interested (except the 45 km).
- One intermediate timed zone in the Medio Fondo 80 km
- Two intermediate timed zones in the Gran Fondo 125 km and the Super Fondo 160 km
Signage will identify these sections on the course and audible alerts will announce the approaching timing zones to all participants.
THE MONTEES MAZDA
WIN THE COVETED POLKA-DOT JERSEY FOR THE FASTEST RIDER
It’s the symbol of triumph in the Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant that participants dream of wearing: the coveted polka-dot jersey for fastest rider in the MONTÉES MAZDA challenge!
How it works:
Three of the routes (80 km, 160 km, 125 km), will have a intermediate timed zone:
- One timed zone in the 80 km
- Two timed zones in the 125 km and 160 km routes
Jerseys will be awarded to the fastest riders (women and men) in these zones from each field in the following categories:
- 160 km Super Fondo – Peloton 1 – Average speed over 33 km/hr
- 125 km Gran Fondo – Peloton 3 – Average speed over 35 km/hr
- 80 km Medio Fondo – Peloton 6 – Average speed over 30 km/hr
For the 125 km and the 160 km, ranking will be determined from the total tally of the two timed zones.
IMPORTANT: The end-of-ride vehicle (“broom wagon”) will trail the ride on each course at a minimum speed established by the organizer, to be communicated to riders at the time of registration. Any entrant or group of entrants passed by this vehicle will be declared as having missed the time limit. From that point on, stragglers will be permitted to ride to the finish line on their own, in unprotected conditions and under their sole responsibility; they must obey the Highway Safety Code and will not be credited with an official time.